You can now watch a new animated video about the Scent project. Read more
• Scientists from the EU-funded Scent research project have developed two new gaming apps, Scent Explore and Scent Measure, to monitor changes in the environment in flood-prone regions.
• Scent Explore enables citizens to monitor river parameters, such as water level and velocity, and Scent Measure measures soil moisture and air temperature – helping to improve the accuracy of land use/land cover maps and flood models.
• Scent is looking for volunteers to test the new apps in the flood-prone region of Attica, Greece between 15 and 18 November 2018.
• Become a ‘citizen scientist’, visit the beautiful areas near the Kifissos river and make your contribution towards the protection of the local environment by taking part in the pilot testing of the Scent project. Register here. Read more
Scent is part of a growing citizen science movement to address critical environmental challenges and to provide citizen-centered solutions. Read more
- Scientists across Europe have developed a new augmented reality game called ‘Scent Explore’ to enable and encourage citizens to monitor their local environments
- It’s one of four new Apps developed by the Scent Project to improve the accuracy of existing flood risk maps by more than 15%
- Scent is a European Union research project funded under the Horizon 2020 programme
Scientists across Europe have developed a new augmented reality game to enable and encourage citizens to monitor their local environments. Read more
Looking back, looking ahead
On Thursday 17th May 2018 the Scent consortium, the European Commission Project Officer and the external reviewer gathered for the project’s mid-term review meeting in the heart of the EU. The Scent project team presented the work conducted in the first 18 months and outlined the next steps and plans for future activities. Read more
Scent partner XTeam Software Solutions srls took part in the annual Nordic Game conference held in Malmö, Sweden on 23-25 May 2018. Nordic Game is a leading game conference in Europe and serves as a venue for developers, publishers, and financial backers to meet, network and catch up on the latest news in the world of gaming. This year, Nordic Game hosted over 2,000 professionals in the field. Read more
In today’s Spotlight feature we are pleased to introduce the Romanian Ornithological Society (SOR) and Kinga Cîmpan, Ecologist at SOR.
SOR is an independent non-governmental organisation founded in 1990. It is Romania’s largest wildlife conservation charity aiming to conserve and study wild bird species, their habitats and sites in Romania. SOR strives to increase people’s awareness of environmental sustainability and works for the protection of biodiversity and bird fauna. As the Romanian partner of BirdLife International, SOR carries out its policy and strategy with a joint global target: conservation of birds and their habitats. Read more
Our partners from XTeam are making good progress on the development of the Scent Explore gaming app. The app will be launched this summer, and you can already have a sneak peek at the game by checking out the cute animal characters:
The latest Scent plenary meeting was held on 20–22 March in Trento, Italy. The three-day project meeting was hosted by Trento-based project partner U-Hopper on their brand-new Impact Hub premises. 20 partners representing all 10 partner organisations gathered in the Alpine town to discuss project progress, exchange ideas and agree on next steps. Read more
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 688930.